Sunday 8 October 2017

6 Months On...

Hello there number 16, can you believe that it has nearly been a whole six months since we moved in?! (well, on the 29th October it's been 6 months) and as we love our little home sooo much we've decided what better way to celebrate the end of our tenancy than to renew it for another year! We can't bear to let it go just yet... So I thought I'd include a few little pictures of our home :)

A sofa big enough for just about the whole family... It can also double up as a bed if you push the pufee towards it, which is the main reason we got it (plus I wanted a grey corner sofa so desperately and this was the closest we could find that wasn't over the £1000 mark!)



We have this really annoying little corner where you can see all the cables and wires for the tv, so I got a little basket from Aldi (either £14.99 or £15.99 for this size and a little smaller one) I thought it was perfect to put our throws and blankets in and hide them ugly wires.

We got this little unit for our living room from Ikea, there is normally two PlayStation 4's there but Joe's is in the bedroom, not quite sure why there's a little pile of games there, it's actually driving me crazy looking at this picture because it's not where they belong - I've become quite the organisation and cleaning freak since moving in, I think I'm sending Joe a little crazy over it.

This unit is from Homebase, but you can also get a shiny version from Ikea :) this is kind of where we keep the things which don't have a home such as my 21st birthday sash/body banner thing, toiletry bags for when we stay away etc, I tried to make them look a little more homely with some photos, top left is from Skegness last October and bottom right is a very old Christmas picture of me and my sister! I'm not very good at interiors and making things homely as you'll gather... 

There's a smaller version too which we just have each side of the bed, for now, I just wish they sold baskets which actually fit inside them properly... 

Little cute candles from Asda a while back, just popped on our living room windowsill as it's quite long so we try to add a few things to make it a little more interesting.

Well... You are supposed to put a picture in the love heart/O but I kinda haven't done that because how can you without the photo looking ridiculous? No one has noticed yet...

Lily's are my ultimate favourite, even if they do make a right mess when they start to die, but they really tie the living room together and make it look ever so pretty and homely. 

This is my favourite part of the whole flat! I just think it's so instagramable haha! typical woman aye, but it just looks all put together and makes it at least seem like I have this whole adult thing altogether...

It's also my 22nd birthday next Saturday and me and Joe are heading to London for a long weekend, so I'll see you all very soon with some more pictures of what we get up too!

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment